Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Quick thoughts on Zombies in Love

On Saturday I went to the opening of the Zombies in Love exhibit at the Gallery Nucleus and I must say I was blown away. I've wanted to check out the exhibit since I first heard about it because the concept itself is pretty cool and besides... who doesn't love zombies?

I have to start off by saying that the art will not disappoint. I can honestly say that I enjoyed every piece in the exhibit. Everything from Tim Gore's life-like silicone pieces to Anna Chambers baby zombie plushies. Although you can check out all the pieces on their website, here, I highly recommend you see them in person.

The organizers of the opening events did a great job because the gallery itself was pretty packed. For example, there was a zombie walk to the gallery and anyone who participated got to get in for free. After the exhibit started they set up an area in the back for shooting zombies. For $5 you got to rent a airsoft gun and shoot at lie actors dressed as zombies. If that wasn't enough there were plenty of free givveaways and Chris Lane was there to sign copies of his book, "Zombies: A Record of the Year of Infection".

The exhibit will run from February 6th to the 22nd and will only cost you $2 to get in. For more information on the exhibit click here. And for pictures of the event click here. Also, while you're there check out Jordu Schell's solo exhibit on the second floor.

If you have any questions or comments please feel free to e-mail me at aviciouskoala@gmail.com or follow me on twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment